Baby Quilt Fabrics
What You Need to Know About Choosing the Correct Baby Quilt Fabrics
New parents love having handmade items that are unique for the new bundle of joy; however, when it comes to choosing the correct baby quilt fabrics to ensure the quilts will be a hit, you need to choose wisely. Baby quilts should be made with only the best quilting fabrics available. Make sure that all of the fabrics you choose are 100% cotton.
At Cozy Corner Quilts, we are passionate about quilting and stock only the highest quality products for you.
Benefits of Baby Quilt Patterns Using 3 Fabrics
When it comes to creating beautiful quilts for babies, you may want to try patterns using 3 fabrics. Here are just a few of the benefits you can take advantage of by using this technique.
- More creative. When it comes to using more than one type of fabric, you can get more creative with your quilting. You can choose to use bolder colours as your base and work up to lighter pastel colours, or work with fabrics with various designs which you can mix and match together.
- Wider variety. There are a wider variety of fabrics available when you choose to have more than one colour or design. One of the greatest benefits of using multiple colours is that you can give your quilt its own unique design.
- Pre-cut fabric bundles. You can buy pre-cut fabric bundles which give you a great choice of colours and designs all in one bundle. No need to worry about matching the right colours, all of this is done for you.
What You Should Know About Making Baby Quilts for Cots
Is there anything cuter than watching your newborn fast asleep snug under a beautifully handcrafted quilt made just for them? While there are many commercially made baby quilts for cots, you can learn to make your own for your baby or maybe that of a friend. Here is what you should know about making baby quilts:
- The material. The material you use to make baby quilts should be soft without embroidered patterns as these can come undone in the wash and be a choking hazard.
- Babies are sensitive to colours as they stimulate them, avoid any harsh dark colours or bold patterns.
- Skip the extras. Many quilters like to add beads, bells, or crystals to their finished products; again, these could end up being a choking hazard and should be avoided.
About Cozy Corner Quilts
For more than 20 years we have been passionate about sewing and creating beautiful quilts that we have gifted to friends and family, and two years ago, we decided to open Cozy Corner Quilts and share that passion with like-minded people. We stock various quilting fabrics made from the highest quality> We also stock quilting kits and patterns for our customers.
For more information about how to start quilting or about the products we stock, contact us today.